• Contact us
  • +92 (51) 2287387

Domestic Workers in a Private Household visa


You can apply for a visa to visit the UK with your employer if you:

  • • are a domestic worker in a private household
  • • have worked for your employer for at least one year
  • • are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
  • • meet the other eligibility requirements

Domestic workers include:

  • • cleaners
  • • chauffeurs
  • • cooks
  • • those providing personal care for the employer and their family
  • • nannies

How long you can stay

You can use this visa to visit the UK with your employer for up to 6 months.

You must return home at the end of the 6 months or when your employer returns home, whichever is sooner.

What you can and can’t do

You can:

  • • stay in the UK if your employer takes a short trip to another country during the visit
  • • travel abroad and return to the UK to complete your stay, though you must prove you still work for your employer, e.g. a letter from them
  • • change employers to another job as a domestic worker in a private household - only if you don’t stay longer than the 6 months

You can’t:

  • • change your job for the employer you came to the UK with
  • • live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent visits
  • • bring in family members (‘dependants’) - they must apply separately
  • • get public funds