• Contact us
  • +92 (51) 2287387



You can apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa if:

  • • you want to invest £2,000,000 or more in the UK
  • • you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
  • • meet the other eligibility requirements

You must have access to at least £2,000,000 in investment funds to apply.

How long it will take

The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel.

You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.

You can check the guide processing times to find out how long getting a visa might take in your country.

You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application. Check how much you’ll have to pay before you apply.

Fees for applying and extending in person

You can use the super premium service to apply or extend in person.

It costs a one-off fee of £8,750, plus application fees for each person of:

  • • £2,030 for the ‘main applicant’
  • • £2,030 for each dependant
  • You can use this service for up to 4 ‘main applicants’ and a maximum of 10 people per visit. ‘Main applicants’ are the people with access to the investment funds.

How long you can stay

You can come to the UK with a Tier 1 (Investor) visa for a maximum of 3 years and 4 months.

You can apply to extend this visa for another 2 years.

What you can and can’t do

You can:

  • • invest £2,000,000 or more in UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies
  • • work or study
  • • apply to settle after 2 years if you invest £10 million
  • • apply to settle after 3 years if you invest £5 million

You can’t:

  • • invest in companies mainly engaged in property investment, property management or property development
  • • work as a professional sportsperson or sports coach
  • get public funds

You also can’t work as a doctor or dentist in training unless one of the following applies:

  • • you have a primary degree at bachelors level or above in medicine or dentistry from a UK institution that holds a Tier 4 sponsor license or is a UK recognised or listed body
  • • you worked as a doctor or dentist in training the last time you were in the UK
  • • neither of those conditions were part of the terms and conditions on a previous visa