• Contact us
  • +92 (51) 2287387

Marriage Visitor visa


You must apply for a Marriage Visitor visa if:

  • • you want to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK
  • • you want to give notice of a marriage or civil partnership in UK
  • • you’re not planning to stay or settle in the UK after your marriage or civil partnership
  • • you meet the other eligibility requirements

You don’t need a Marriage Visitor visa to convert your civil partnership into a marriage - you can apply for a Standard Visitor visa.

You can’t apply if you qualify for British citizenship - including if you can have dual nationality. You must apply for British citizenship instead.

How long it takes to get a visa

The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel.

Example You can apply from 16 March if you plan to travel on 15 June.

You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.

You can check the guide processing times to find out how long getting a visa might take in your country.

How long you can stay

You can use this visa to visit the UK for up to 6 months.

What you can and can’t do

You can use this visa to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK:

  • • within 6 months of your arrival
  • • in any location licensed for this purpose

You can’t:

  • • get public funds
  • • bring in family members (‘dependants’) - they must apply separately
  • • live in the UK for extended periods through frequent visits
  • • extend your visa or switch to another visa
  • • work - except for permitted activities related to your work or business overseas, eg attending meetings
  • • study for more than 30 days - studying can’t be the main reason for your visit