To apply for the parent and grandparent super visa, you must:
- • be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada,
- • be allowed to enter Canada and
- • meet certain other conditions.
Note: You cannot include dependants in this application.
Immigration officers consider several things before they decide if you can come to Canada. You must be a real visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of your visit. An officer will look at these things when you apply:
- • your ties to your home country,
- • the purpose of your visit,
- • your family and finances,
- • the overall economic and political stability of your home country, and
- • an invitation from a Canadian host.
You must also:
- • prove that your child or grandchild in Canada meets a minimum income threshold,
- • provide a written statement from that child or grandchild that he or she will give you financial support,
- • have valid Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year and
- • have an immigration medical exam.