• Contact us
  • +92 (51) 2287387



You can apply for a Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa if:

  • • you’re an elite sportsperson or qualified coach recognised by your sport’s governing body as internationally established at the highest level
  • • your sport’s governing body is endorsing your application
  • • your employment will develop your sport in the UK at the highest level
  • • you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
  • • you meet the other eligibility requirements

How long it will take

You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the day you’re due to start work in the UK. This date is listed on your certificate of sponsorship.

You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks when you apply from outside the UK.

Check the guide processing times to find out how long getting a visa might take in your country.

You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application. Check how much you’ll have to pay before you apply.

How long you can stay

You can come to the UK with a Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa for up to 3 years.

You can apply to extend this visa for up to another 3 years to a maximum stay of 6 years.

What you can and can’t do

You can:

  • • work for your sponsor in the job described in your certificate of sponsorship
  • • do a second job
  • • play for your national team in the UK
  • • work as a sports broadcaster
  • • do voluntary work
  • • study as long as it doesn’t interfere with the job you’re sponsored for
  • • travel abroad and return to the UK
  • • bring family members with you

You can’t:

  • get public funds
  • • start or run a business
  • • apply for a second job until you’ve started working for your sponsor

You’ll need to make a new application to the Home Office if you want to do a second job that’s not in the same sector as your main job.